Mindgrub Technologies is an award-winning digital agency whose mission is to create software that people want to use software that makes lives better, and jobs easier, and helps businesses thrive.
We leverage a deep understanding of technology and growth strategy to create award-winning, multi-channel digital solutions for enterprise clients, emphasizing energy and utilities, professional services, government, education, health and wellness, and consumer product industries.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Director to join our team. We are looking for somebody that can take charge of managing and expanding a portfolio of our current accounts, as well as helping to drive new sales for the organization by uncovering new opportunities. As an Account Director, you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our existing clients while identifying and pursuing opportunities to grow the accounts. You will develop and execute account strategies to maximize revenue opportunities, increase customer loyalty, and drive business expansion. This role may have a team of Account Managers reporting to it in the future. You will then also provide guidance and support to your team, ensuring their success in managing and expanding their respective account portfolios. This role, therefore, requires exceptional leadership skills, strategic thinking, and a deep understanding of the industry and client needs.
- Account Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders on your accounts, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with those stakeholders.
- Understand clients’ business as well as technical needs, goals, and objectives to effectively position our products/services and drive customer success.
- Regularly communicate with clients to provide updates, address concerns, and ensure their satisfaction with our products/services.
- Monitor account performance metrics, analyze data, and generate reports to track progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Perform Quarterly Business Reviews with your accounts to drive alignment and overall success for both parties including creating strategic plans.
- If managing a team of account managers, serve as the escalation point for your team’s accounts. Providing stability and consistency to our clients.
- Account Expansion:
- Identify and drive opportunities for account growth within the existing client base and develop strategies to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and product development, to align efforts and support account expansion initiatives.
- Conduct in-depth account reviews to uncover additional needs or areas where our products/services can provide value to clients.
- Present and promote new products, upgrades, or solutions to clients, emphasizing the benefits and potential impact on their business.
- If managing a team of Account Managers, help and direct the team build strategies and execute on expansion plans.
- Relationship Building:
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, serving as the primary point of contact for strategic accounts and ensuring their needs are met by proactively engage with clients by fostering strong relationships, acting as a trusted advisor, resource and partner.
- Attend and drive key client meetings, workshops, industry events, and networking sessions to stay updated on market trends and maintain a deep understanding of clients’ businesses.
- Anticipate and resolve risk, issues or challenges that may arise, ensuring high client satisfaction and retention rates.
- Actively seek feedback from clients to identify areas for improvement and relay valuable insights to internal teams.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Sales Support:
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide input and support in the development of account strategies, sales and expansion plans.
- Drive contract renewals, negotiations, and upselling opportunities, ensuring a smooth and successful process and provide support to your team as the drive to expansion in their accounts.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts, account updates, and activity reports to management as well as assisting your team as they build theirs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience) and advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as an Account Director or similar leadership role, with a successful track record in managing and expanding current accounts in a B2B environment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team towards achieving targets.
- Strategic thinker with a deep understanding of account management principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and expanding current accounts, achieving revenue targets, and driving customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to build new and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at different levels within client organizations.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong technical and business acumen.
- Proficiency in CRM software, and other relevant tools.
- Strong understanding of Cloud, Web, and Marketing principles.
- Availability for occasional travel, as and when required.
If you are a motivated leader with a proven ability to manage and expand current accounts, along with a passion for building high-performing teams, we invite you to apply for the position of Account Director. Join our dynamic organization and play a pivotal role in driving customer success, revenue growth, and the development of our account management team.
The Perks of Being a Full Time Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office – your choice!
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure Club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!