Rocketgenius, Inc. is looking for full-time remote Software Engineers to help us take Gravity Forms to the next level.
Rocketgenius, Inc. is looking for full-time remote Software Engineers to help us take Gravity Forms to the next level. The Product Team is a collaborative, caring team of experienced yet humble Engineers, Product Designers, QA Analysts, and Product Managers who value quality over time-to-market and bring a sense of delight and curiosity to our work.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to our Director of Product Development your responsibility will be to build and maintain Gravity Forms products. The work entails:
- Collaborating with the Product Development team to brainstorm solutions to engineering challenges.
- Prototyping and iterating on features alongside other developers, designers and QA.
- Writing readable, secure, accessible, testable, standards-compliant code.
- Keeping your teammates informed of your tasks and progress in regular Zoom calls, Slack and project management tools.
- Fixing bugs and liaising with customers.
- Giving clear but kind feedback when reviewing code.
- Helping to modernize the codebase while maintaining our commitment to backwards compatibility.
- Writing automated tests and adjusting existing tests. We use PHPUnit and Codeception with Docker for acceptance tests.
- Assisting the support team with troubleshooting.
- Contributing technical details to documentation.
Is This You?
- Your passion is to create remarkable software that is a pleasure to use.
- After years of writing code, it’s still your idea of fun.
- You have a solid grasp of the WordPress codebase, understand its quirks and faults but you love it anyway and contribute when you can.
- You’ve internalized the WordPress code standards, but you use linters because you know nobody is perfect.
- You consider yourself a strong team player with great communication skills and you enjoy working on an agile team.
- Your automated tests have saved your team from a disaster on more than one occasion.
- You know you have a responsibility to write accessible and inclusive code and you strongly believe that accessibility is about more than just regulatory compliance.
- You think about the security implications of your code, and escaping and sanitizing are second-nature to you.
- You’re comfortable with all the layers of technologies that are required to build and run a modern complex WordPress plugin. However, you know where your strengths lie, and you still get excited by the idea of learning whatever comes next.
- You’re very comfortable writing and speaking in English with colleagues and customers.
- You’re available to work remotely within US business hours.
- You’ve already figured out solutions to the challenges of remote working.
- Some experience with Gravity Forms.
- Familiarity with some payment gateway and CRM APIs.
- Experience building another high-profile WordPress plugin or theme.
- Fluent in multiple languages so that you can talk directly to our international customers when needed.
- A brief series of emails and or Slack chats.
- Short video calls with key members of the organization.
- We will offer you the option of talking directly to a member of the team so you can get another perspective of what it’s like working with us.
- A paid trial project lasting between 2-8 weeks, depending on your availability, which will give us the opportunity to see what it’s like working together.
- A formal offer.
Working For Us
- Work-life balance is important to us so we encourage flexible working hours whenever possible so you can find an equilibrium that allows you to prioritize both your personal life and your career. If you need to go to a doctor’s appointment or take time to care for a sick child, we don’t expect you to make up that time. If your personal responsibilities require you to work irregular hours, that’s fine as long as you communicate your availability to your teammates.
- Paid Time Off: Our flexible PTO policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to place trust in your judgment, and help you get away when possible and handle life events. Recharge your batteries to be at your best!
- Health Insurance: For US-based employees, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage for you, your spouse and dependents, and we will pay 100% of your premiums. That’s right, the lot!
- Retirement: we provide you a mechanism to invest in your future self, and will provide company contributions as well.
- Rocketgenius (the makers of Gravity Forms) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.