Are you an experienced Open Source web developer with a penchant for not only crafting impeccable code but also clearly conveying the meaning and purpose behind it? If you’re an accomplished senior-level developer who excels in delivering exceptional Open Source digital solutions while inspiring your peers, we invite you to join our team.
Our ideal candidate does not merely produce code; they are an expert communicator, adeptly navigating English in both spoken and written discourse. You possess a substantial track record of orchestrating remarkable Open Source digital solutions in a client services environment. While good developers generate code, you work at a higher level by also clearly communicating the rationale behind your code, articulating how it addresses the challenge and providing a clear path for implementation and testing.
As a Senior Open Source Web Developer, you will assume a pivotal role, not merely as a participant, but as a conductor guiding others in best practices, architecting solutions, and shaping the technical direction of a project through meticulous documentation and guidance. You will lead demos and collaborate with other disciplines to explain how proposed technology solutions fit into the larger business problem. You are able to build and design the architecture of a project, and you know how to thoroughly document a project’s code.
This role is far from entry-level; we seek a senior developer with this experience:
- Documented familiarity with architecting Web applications along different design approaches such as Domain Driven Design, Log-Driven Development, Test-Driven, and others.
- Strong communication skills within a team environment, including an ability to communicate ideas ahead of time and a belief in “paying it forward” so the team’s efforts continue moving forward.
- Expertise at designing, presenting, developing, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting Web applications for a variety of clients.
- Expertise working with AWS hosting infrastructure, setting up local development environments with containers, and familiarity with Lambda.
- Experience being part of a remote agency team working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Expert-level structural understanding of HTML and Accessible Web Development.
- Experience building and maintaining high-performing ecommerce sites and the understanding of what needs to be considered for ecommerce sites at scale.
- Expertise advising the development team on new technologies and methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience leading testing processes and QA of deliverables ensuring performance and efficiency.
- Comfortable leading and participating in code reviews.
- Experience collaborating with Sales and Design around technology decisions for client needs.
- Expertise actively coaching and mentoring other team members.
- Monitor technology trends to identify new opportunities and improve existing thinking.
- This position requires a B2 CEFR level of spoken and written English language proficiency.
We know some candidates may have some but not all the experience we’re looking for. If you think you’re close to meeting the requirements, but not all of them, go ahead and apply. You just might be the right person for the role. Even if you’re not right for this role, we might have a better match in future hiring cycles.
- Competitive benefits package
- Work remotely or from our cool office in Bucharest*
- Flexible working hours
- Premium membership to a leading private health system*
- Bonuses including a profit sharing bonus program
- Paid family leave
- We respect your holidays, including the ones arranged before starting with us
- The possibility of growth in the company
- Latest generation hardware
Crowd Favorite is committed to building an inclusive experience for all our employees. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting those future problem solvers, we firmly believe our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be who they are.