The salary range for this position is between US$20/hour and US$50/hour.
We’re in search of Gutenberg engineers who can assist us in personalizing the Gutenberg editing interface for our valued clients and the wider WordPress community. While Gutenberg is predominantly built using React, having a fundamental understanding of PHP can be advantageous, as it operates within the WordPress environment.
This is a completely remote full-time position. You can apply and work from anywhere in the world.
- Engage proactively in the UX discovery phase to ensure that the provided designs seamlessly translate into the Gutenberg editor, striking the optimal balance between customization and ease of implementation.
- Craft bespoke Gutenberg blocks, block patterns, and block styles to tailor the editor interface precisely to our needs.
- Enhance the editorial experience by expanding the capabilities of the Gutenberg editor, crafting custom features, and refining publishing workflows.
- 3+ years of experience developing with the Gutenberg editor.
- Proficiency in CSS, encompassing an in-depth understanding of CSS internals and a high level of comfort with preprocessors and frameworks like SASS and Tailwind CSS.
- Thorough familiarity with Full Site Editing (FSE) features, including but not limited to theme.json, block patterns, and global style variation, among others.
- Proficient knowledge of the WordPress REST API.
- Understanding and good grasp of web accessibility best practices.
Good to Have
As the heading suggests, the items below are optional. But if you know any of them, make sure to highlight them in your job application. These will expedite your application.
- WordPress’ expertise, including knowledge of template hierarchy, the loop, customizer API, and settings API.
- Basic comfort with PHP programming language, prior experience in developing WordPress themes.
- Knowledge of TypeScript.
- Experience with GraphQL.
Working at rtCamp
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
- Device policy
- Upskill allowance
- Open source
- Annual retreat
- Five-day work week
- Continuous learning
- Paid time off