- Are you passionate about SaaS and proficient in Agile methodologies?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams?
- Are you excited about the opportunity to put users first and shape the product strategy of a leading web performance company?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you. 🤩
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head of Product to lead our product management team and help us further develop our product portfolio (WP Rocket, Imagify, and RocketCDN for now 🚀).
Keep reading for more details! 📝
Become Our Head of Product!
In your job as a Head of Product, your primary focus will be on product strategy, user satisfaction and product team management.
You will play a key part in developing the people on your team, creating an environment that helps them succeed, and improving the effectiveness of the product management function at WP Media. In this role, you will report directly to the CEO.
We work remotely, and ideally you should live in a country that aligns with the European Timezone.
We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map! 🌍
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a Head of Product, you will be dealing with technical products and be responsible for bringing ever more value to our clients.
You need to have a deep understanding of user experience and product-led methodologies, as well as a proven track record of success in Tech/SaaS product management.
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
🤓 Product Strategy
- Create a comprehensive vision and roadmap for our products that aligns with our customers needs and the company’s business goals.
- Conduct market analysis, competitor research, and stay up-to-date with industry trends to identify opportunities.
- Establish and track KPIs to measure the success and impact of product initiatives and optimize for delivering the best possible outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their needs through market research, user feedback, and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the marketing and engineering teams to create simple and delightful user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Champion a user-centric approach throughout the product development lifecycle, ensuring user needs are at the forefront of decision-making processes.
🤝 Product Team Management
- Build and lead a high-performing product team, providing mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, efficiency, and accountability within the team.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless product development and launches.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
- Proven experience in a senior product management role, preferably as a Head of Product or similar capacity.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Strong understanding of product-led methodologies, user-centered approaches and agile practices. Experience with modern product management tools and frameworks.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and empower teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Keen interest in technological products.
- Good spoken and written English.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- A startup mentality
You are doer, you are adaptable and you like to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous remote job experience.
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.
If you are excited about driving user-focused innovation, shaping product strategy, and leading a high-performing team, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
We are best known as the creators of WP Rocket, but we also developed Imagify and RocketCDN.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Healthy balance between work and private life.
We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy. There are no time cards to stamp, only customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with! We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
Perks and benefits
We want the people on our team to feel that they always receive what they need to shine. This is why we offer:
- Budget for setting up your home office
- Monthly budget for your remote-work expenses
- Free Kindle
We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, Mexico and Greece:
Now that we’ve told you so much about us, it’s your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our Head of Product and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
We can’t wait to receive your application! 🌟