Location: Worldwide/remote (Australian Company)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: WooCommerce extensions
Company: Rymera Web Co
Rymera Web Co is a pioneering Australian tech company at the forefront of e-commerce software development. We are a fully distributed team passionate about delivering high-quality WordPress/WooCommerce extensions. Our products empower thousands of e-commerce businesses worldwide, and we’re committed to ensuring their success by maintaining top-notch software quality.
As a QA Automation Test Engineer at Rymera Web Co, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our software products. Join our distributed team of developers, product leaders, and testers as we innovate, enhance, and eliminate bugs. We’re on an exciting journey of expansion, and we want you to be part of our success story.
Interested? See “How To Apply“ below to learn more before applying.
You’ll love this position, if:
- You’re a self-starter, keen for a technical challenge and open to learning new things.
- You are a naturally curious person with an eye for detail.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English. We believe communication is CRITICAL to success.
- You are passionate about testing and software quality.
- You’re excited to work on software used by thousands that contributes positively to their livelihoods.
- You love getting to the root cause of problems and spotting things along the way.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other testers.
- You are comfortable jumping between tasks and helping out wherever you can.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from testing small bug fixes and enhancements to creating testing plans for large features/new tools.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans for WordPress/WooCommerce extensions, ensuring the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create new features, improve existing ones, and troubleshoot issues.
- Lead in-depth regression testing and compatibility testing with upstream products like WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Provide valuable feedback to developers through various channels, including written reports and video screencasts.
- Mentor and support fellow testers, fostering a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Participate in agile sprints, write test plans, and ensure the critical path of user functionality.
- Expertise in Automation Testing: Proven experience in automation testing, with proficiency in tools like Cypress, Gherkin, and Cucumber.
- Software Testing Knowledge: Strong understanding of software testing principles and methodologies, including Agile, CI/CD, and BDD.
- Git and GitHub: Familiarity with Git version control and GitHub for collaborative code management.
- Test Scenario Design: Ability to create and execute test plans with precision and attention to detail.
- Effective Communication: Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- WordPress/WooCommerce Expertise: In-depth understanding of WordPress/WooCommerce, including code-level expertise and custom API endpoint creation.
- Certifications: Relevant certifications in automation testing (e.g., Cypress certification) or software testing are a plus.
- Automation Testing Tools: Experience with additional automation testing tools like Nightwatch, Selenium, or others is desirable.
- Cucumber Studio: Familiarity with Cucumber Studio enhances your profile.
- Package Managers: Experience with Composer/NPM is a bonus.
- Docker and Localhost Servers: Familiarity with Docker and working with localhost servers can be advantageous.
- API Expertise: Experience working with APIs, including WooCommerce/WordPress API, Zapier, Stripe, etc., is a plus.
What we offer:
Our company is fast-growing, bootstrapped, stable and profitable. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of smart and enthusiastic people who believe in the mission of democratising e-commerce for even the smallest players.
- Competitive salary. Full-time position.
- Paid health insurance for full-time employees (regionalised to your part of the world).
- Work from home. We’re spread out all over the world – but mostly in Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam & South Africa.
- Annual paid time off for full-time employees. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave for full-time employees.
- A culture of continued learning and professional development.
- The opportunity work on meaningful problems for people who rely on our software to run their businesses (and by extension support themselves and their families).
- Company provided laptop on your 5 year anniversary.
- We cover costs of company travel (including our annual retreat)
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business in a fast paced environment.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks!
Location & Other Requirements
This is a remote position – our team is spread out all over the world. The company is based in Brisbane, Australia so company operating hours are 9am to 5pm AEST (UTC +10). While it’s not required that you cover that exact timezone, you must be available during a portion of the day for informal/formal meetings & work assignments.
- Modern laptop/desktop computer system.
- You need to be capable of running any required development tools, local servers, etc, without slowing down or causing restrictions in your work. No pirated operating systems or other non-legit softwares.
- Preferably using Windows 10/11, MacOS, or Linux.
- Reliable fixed broadband internet connection (Ideally a fiber connection for stability + access to a backup).
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between 9am to 5pm AEST.
- A webcam and a quiet place to work – the team frequently conducts video and screenshare meetings throughout our work.
At Rymera Web Co, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How To Apply?
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then please submit your application via email to [email protected].
Please clearly include the following information in your cover letter/application:
- Demonstrate/explain your experience keeping in mind the above requirements & qualifications.
- Tell us about your WordPress/WooCommerce experience.
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Why should you be considered for this role? Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links if available (Personal website, Github, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc).
Also note, don’t forget to proofread your application before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out from the crowd 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to each and every application, but if we feel you are a strong match, someone will be in touch with you shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to do a simple testing challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!