The annual salary range for this position is between $28,000 – $43,000 yearly.
As a WordPress Trainer in the Learning & Development team, your role would focus on educating and training individuals or groups on how to effectively use and manage the WordPress content management system (CMS) for website development, customization, and maintenance aiming to make them WordPress Engineers.
Design training courses and facilitate learning through demonstrations, hands-on practice, and interactive sessions to ensure participants gain proficiency in technical areas.
- Developing and delivering a WordPress training program
- Tailoring training materials and content to meet the specific needs and skill levels of learners.
- Adapting training sessions based on the target audience, whether beginners or advanced users.
- Providing technical support by assisting participants in troubleshooting issues they encounter.
- Keeping abreast with WordPress updates and trends
- Evaluate training effectiveness and make course corrections to the training program based on the results
- Collaborating with stakeholders by working closely with clients, project managers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Documenting training materials by creating and maintaining documentation, and manuals to support participants’ ongoing learning needs
- Engaging in continuous learning and professional development
- Be the first point of contact for the learner groups on the technical front
Apart from the above training activities, you will be encouraged to participate in the fresher hiring process.
- A learning outlook is a must. We expect you to not just teach but be open-minded about learning new things with WordPress to improve training methods, materials, and delivery.
- You must have Full-Stack WordPress development (Front-end and Back-end) experience yourself. As WordPress keeps evolving, you should be able to learn new things yourself.
- Proficiency in React and experience with Gutenberg, leveraging these technologies to enhance WordPress development.
- You should be able to assess learners’ understanding of the concepts by conducting code reviews, identify areas of improvement, and offer guidance to help them.
- Passion for teaching/training/conducting workshops and sharing knowledge either in academics or at conferences like WordCamp (in person and online).
- Develop innovative and easy-to-understand training materials(Course building and updation), evaluations of the learning(quiz, assignment, and Q&A etc.. development and updation), various tools(LMS) to benefit the training delivery.
- You should have effective communication skills(verbal & written) both in-person and online.
- Strong debugging skills to effectively identify and resolve technical issues that may arise during training sessions
- Motivate and mentor trainees to reach their full potential by providing continuous guidance, feedback, and support throughout the training process.
- Demonstrate empathy and patience while working with trainees, understanding their learning styles and adapting the training approach accordingly.
Good to have
- A personal blog/site or any work profiles(forum, Youtube channel, GitHub contribution) showcasing technical training skills.
- Some experience in instructional design. Prior experience as an educator. This being a teaching position; you should present topics with passion, knowledge, and empathy towards trainees.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to stay on track and deliver quality training.
Working at rtCamp
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
- Device policy
- Upskill allowance
- Open source
- Annual retreat
- Five-day work week
- Continuous learning
- Paid time off