Patchstack is looking for a Vulnerability Researcher who has a deep personal interest in web application security and who can help us validate vulnerability reports and perform code-reviews on PHP applications. Do you have previous experience with performing code-reviews and finding security vulnerabilities in web applications? Would you be excited to make millions of websites more secure? Are you excited to work in a full-remote globally distributed company? Patchstack is a cyber security company helping companies and software developers to identify & patch vulnerabilities in open-source code. We have a strong community focus with our own gamified bug bounty program called Patchstack Alliance.
Most importantly, we’re looking for a full-time team member who is an excellent communicator can grow with the rest of the team.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Threat hunting to find and analyze new vulnerabilities
- Validate new vulnerabilities reported by our community (Patchstack Alliance)
- Create and test virtual patches for new vulnerabilities
- Research and write in-depth articles about new threats and vulnerabilities
- Conduct pen-testing and code-reviews against PHP based applications
- Must be familiar with industry standards like OWASP TOP 10, CVSS
- Timezone: EEST (+/- 2 hours)
- Deep personal motivation to make the web a safer place for everyone
- Deep knowledge about AppSec
- Previous experience with security testing
- Fluent English in both speaking and writing
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good understanding of PHP and regex
Would be helpful:
- Knowledge about WordPress and other PHP based content management systems
- Previous experience working in a web hosting or web security company
- Previous experience with analyzing malware from infected websites
- Previous vulnerability research and findings
- Previous experience working in a remote team
- Industry certifications
What Patchstack can offer:
- Highly impactful work
- No corporate environment
- Paid training for work-related personal development
- Paid vacations (35 days a year)
- Full-time telecommuting in a globally distributed team
- Co-working space membership or WFH equipment for home-office
- Fitness club or a local gym membership
- Competitive salary with stock options plan
- Awesome team members!
How to apply?
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter describing your experience and qualifications for this role.