Do you fancy yourself a technology master? Are you the person that your friends and family call when they need help with their computers? Were you excited to hear Steam is working on porting games to run natively on Linux? If you identified with any of these things this might be the career for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic sys admin to help troubleshoot our WordPress products.
This is a full-time permanently remote third shift position, 23:00 – 09:00 Eastern time zone, with a pay range of $24 – $28 hourly.
As a Linux Support SysAdmin you would:
- Work within a collaborative environment to meet a variety of customer needs
- Advise customers on technical issues while guiding them through troubleshooting steps
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot LAMP stack, WordPress, DNS, email, and cPanel
- Dig deep into third party application issues to provide Heroic best effort support
- Plan and perform updates to help keep our customers systems secure
- Create, review, and improve internal documentation
- Provide job shadowing and mentoring
- Have access to a variety of training and certification programs to help make sure you stay on top of your tech game
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of WooCommerce
- Experience within a help desk / call center environment
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Advanced proficiency installing, managing, and troubleshooting the hosting stack and various CMS/Server control panels
- Advanced understanding of server hardware, setups, and common hosting services
- Proven customer service acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to establish rapport to develop and maintain effective communication in a collaborative environment
- Ability to intelligently prioritize tasks and refactor as new issues emerge
- Strong attention to detail
- Project management and coordination acumen
- Advanced understanding of Engineered products and related technologies
- Basic Scripting/coding knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable combination of education or relative experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefit options – Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Optional employer contributing 401K
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.