We’re looking for an experienced Account Director to help us lead our Client Experience Program in the EMEA region. This is a fully-remote role and you can be located anywhere geographically within the region, but you will need to make regular visits to clients across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You should be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Since the start of the year Human Made has onboarded and renewed a number of accounts which has led to a period of growth. We need to bolster our team with a strategic relationship builder who truly understands what it takes to become a valued, long-term resource partner for our enterprise clients.
Ideally, you’re already working for a web development or digital agency. This means you’ll be able to take high-level thinking and shape it into plans or initiatives that drive maximum value / benefit for both the client and Human Made.
As a senior member of the sales team, you’ll own an exciting portfolio of key strategic accounts whilst supporting an Account Managers within the region. This means that you will be the custodian of the client experience and growth focused, revenue-first relationships.
Performance is measured against the retention of clients, the growth of revenue, and is tracked against overall client happiness. Within your region you are the senior commercial individual, able to support all delivery and management teams on commercial matters. This also includes owning and supporting any ongoing improvements in team function, direction or strategy.
If you know how to foster long term strategic relationships, taking the time to understand the goals and objectives of the customer then this role is for you.
- Maintaining a healthy and growing portfolio of existing clients.
- Supporting the global team with the design, development, improvement and implementation of our Client Experience Program, the system we use to support our clients throughout their Human Made journey.
- Retain the number and value of existing client engagements.
- Meet and exceed specified targets for client account value growth year on year.
- Creation and maintenance of Key Account Strategies for all clients in the portfolio, with actionable plans for the increased value of the engagement.
- Create and maintain overarching commercial strategies for the region, and contribute toward the strategic business planning of the company, ensuring the direction of investment and resources to maximise the commercial return on client relationships.
- Manage the risk associated with the services and hosting clients in your region, and ensure the clients’ expectations match ours.
- Maintain a sufficient understanding of the services and delivery projects with your clients to ensure the ongoing commercial health of the relationships.
- Support the identification and exploitation of strategic opportunities across the regional and global portfolios of more junior staff through coaching and hands on assistance and guidance.
- Data driven analysis and management
- Accurate and timely maintenance of key customer data in prescribed systems (specifically current and proposed project revenue, delivery team allocation requirements (in collaboration with delivery teams), and contract and service tier data).
- Generation of regional analysis including revenue projections and data to support hiring and allocation planning.
- Ensure successful transition of projects into delivery from sales
- Actively participate in the onboarding of clients from sales to delivery.
- Collaborate with the sales process to support the establishment of strong strategic client relationships, and the close alignment of goals, and outcome expectations.
- Support the generation and maintenance of coherent, outcome focussed regional sales strategies.
- Review and support the improvement of sales processes.
- Line management of AMs in the region.
- Support, mentor, and provide direction for the AMs
- Identify needs for additional personnel in the commercial team and run recruitment and onboarding processes for new staff.
You might be a Senior Account Manager ready to step up or an Account Director looking for a new challenge with:
- 5 years of leading relationships with clients in a project or account management capacity
- 2 years of senior account management experience.
- Expert understanding of technology professional services e.g. website and application development.
- Senior team leadership experience, and the ability to lead cross disciplinary teams, and direct strategic initiatives.
- Sound understanding and experience of the processes and technologies associated with custom software development in a professional services context.
- Delivery methodologies, particularly Scrum, including Scrum and Kanban, and an understanding of the Agile principles associated with them, and how they apply to the sales and account management domain, and the benefits they bring to clients.
- Content Management Systems in general and how they fit into web and cross platform publishing systems at enterprise scale.
- The unique needs of enterprise clients
- Deep experience and/or knowledge working with:
- a distributed team, geographically distributed and communicating across a variety of synchronous and asynchronous channels
- A professional services agency context, delivering to clients under a range of contractual arrangements.
- Strong understanding of contracts for the delivery of software development services in specific jurisdiction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally and with clients.
- You will demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and be comfortable making decisions based upon partial information, leaning upon good intuition and judgement, and be able to bring a team along with you.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, and data collation and analysis.
- Good asynchronous and remote communications skills
- Salary – £65k – £75k based on experience
- Flexible working
- 35 days annual leave
- Sickness and carers leave
- Parental leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it