Overview Of Role
We’re a fully remote web development agency that is looking to expand the organization to include a Website QA Analyst. This full time/ part time position will be responsible for the end-to-end testing of complete, interactive web and mobile applications for our portfolio of clients. This is a remote/telecommuting position where you will be executing on your deliverables from the comfort and flexibility of your preferred working location.
At First + Third, it is our mission to outperform average agencies. We believe that when an agency only thinks about how to get a project done and not enough about the client’s goals, it becomes impossible for the project to be a success.
As an organization, we are obsessed with helping our clients understand and achieve their objectives through thoughtful, well-executed web design and development. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best solution for each individual client and work tirelessly until the desired results are achieved.
As a team, we invest ourselves fully in meeting our client’s goals as if they were our own because when they succeed, we do too.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to review and translate all forms of project documentation including specifications documents, designs, and wireframes into test cases
- Experience working with Product Managers and Project Managers to define acceptance criteria and produce test plans
- Ability to perform functional, visual, smoke, regression, accessibility, and exploratory testing
- Experience tracking and reporting defects and change requests through to a successful conclusion
- Ability to provide updates on testing progress or other activities to the Product Managers and Project Managers
- Experience analyzing and investigating issues found in testing and work to resolve these with the relevant people (Product Managers, Project Managers, Designers, Engineers)
- Experience with pulling data from systems, organizing data, and preparing reports for the purpose of client budget and company KPI reports
- 2 – 4 years experience in a QA role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing methods and tools
- Experience utilizing browser developer tools from a testing standpoint
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines
- Must be comfortable working with multiple PMs in an organization and working on multiple projects within a given week
- This individual will need to be very detail oriented, organized, and have clear, effective communication skills
- Must be comfortable collaborating within a team dynamic and have a penchant for exceptional follow-through
- Excellent listener and note-taker with the ability to adhere to the UAT plan and adhere to deadlines and statuses
- Ability to retain new information quickly
- Comfortable in escalating and troubleshooting tool or website requirement gaps and/or issues
- Holds excellent communication skills and can concisely recap progress to various stakeholders
- Must have an obsessive attention to detail
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Must have QA experience with a Content Management System (ideally WordPress)
- Must have a solid grasp of semantic HTML and modern CSS
- QA experience with E-commerce platforms (such as Shopify) a plus
The ideal candidate will possess these key characteristics:
- Reliable: Be able to manage time well, so that teammates can count on one another to do what they said they would do each day, communicating quickly if it is not going to be possible.
- Curious, Critical Thinker: Be able to ask thorough questions in order to understand the goals, objectives, and future implications of every project while also thinking critically about how each individual’s tasks relate to and affect the project as a whole.
- Relentless: Be relentless in the pursuit of the client’s goals, never failing to ask yourself if this is your best work and the best possible solution for the client.
- Nimble: Can shift easily between multiple projects, changing gears, and managing several priorities at once.
- Sense of Ownership: Treats each project as their own and is invested in its success.
- Problem Solver: When presented with a problem or challenge, you take it upon yourself to find a solution.
- Accountable: As a part of a wholly remote team, you are a self-starter that is able to stay on task and hold yourself accountable to meeting deadlines without being micromanaged.
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like it would be a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s how the process works:
- Apply: Introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself.
- We’ll Get Together: Virtually, of course, we’ll set up a time to get to know each other, ask questions, and make sure we’re both a good fit for one another.
- Succeed Together: We’ll get to work helping our clients reach their goals because when they succeed, we do too.
More about First + Third
First + Third is an agency deeply committed to helping leaders understand and achieve business goals through thoughtful, well-executed, and expertly managed web design and development. With over 20 years of experience, we have had the privilege of working with organizations such as LeanIn.Org, Facebook, Billboard Music, Girls Who Code, Soylent, and The Hollywood Reporter to name a few. We are proud to be a WordPress VIP and Shopify Plus partner.