Overview Of Role:
We’re a growing and fully remote boutique web development agency specializing in UX/UI design, development, and strategy specializing in WordPress and Shopify. As the Director of Sales and Business Development you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities (outbound sales), optimizing the sales pipeline, building proposals, and closing new deals. This individual will be responsible for generating $2 Million+ annually of new business and must have a successful track record (10+ years) of building business within a digital agency or professional services environment (WordPress and/or Shopify websites). For this role, you will be working closely with the team to vet opportunities, estimate projects, and involve the subject matter experts as needed throughout the sales process.
Director of Sales and Business Development Responsibilities:
- Particular focus on outbound sales and “hunting” new business by identifying and nurturing relationships with prospective clients. This includes prospecting and capturing new opportunities through strategic client outreach and relationship development with the ability to generate $2 Million+ of new business annually.
- Development of annual business development strategy including KPIs, forecasting and portfolio diversification that aligns with the core competencies of the business.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop and refine a sales process that works for the type of work we do and is repeatable.
- Lead the proposal creation process for potential projects.
- Report on progress against the plan to the leadership team.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Build a library of selling assets and best practices.
- Cultivate business relationships through networking, industry events and outbound marketing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Ability to multitask multiple opportunities at the same time.
- Successful track record (10+ years) of building business within a digital agency or professional services environment. Experience in the world of WordPress and/or Shopify websites.
- Deep rolodex of prospective growth and foundation clients (ability to generate $2M+ annually).
- Demonstrated ability to take a consultative approach to engaging with C-level commercial, marketing, digital and technology executives.
- Ability to speak to both tactical and strategic decision makers.
- Proven experience in leading a cross-functional team in the pitch/BD process.
- Superb writing and presentation skills.
- Strong client and people management skills with the ability to communicate and contribute cross-functionally throughout the various capability groups across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong technology and digital fundamentals including marketing, commerce, mobile, data, integration, and platform modernization.
- Experience working remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
The ideal candidate will possess these key characteristics:
- Reliable: Be able to manage time well, so that teammates can count on one another to do what they said they would do each day, communicating quickly if it is not going to be possible.
- Curious, Critical Thinker: Be able to ask thorough questions in order to understand the goals, objectives, and future implications of every project while also thinking critically about how each individual’s tasks relate to and affect the project as a whole.
- Relentless: Be relentless in the pursuit of the client’s goals, never failing to ask yourself if this is your best work and the best possible solution for the client.
- Nimble: Can shift easily between multiple projects, changing gears and managing several priorities at once.
- Sense of Ownership: Treats each project as their own and is invested in its success.
- Problem Solver: When presented with a problem or challenge, you take it upon yourself to find a solution.
- Accountable: As a part of a wholly remote team, you are a self starter that is able to stay on task and hold yourself accountable to meeting deadlines without being micromanaged.
Join our Team!
If this sounds like it would be a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s how the process works:
- Apply to the job: Introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself. Please include a resume and a summary of your new business development experience.
- We’ll Get Together: Virtually of course, we’ll set up a time to get to know each other, ask questions, and make sure we’re both a good fit for one another.
- Succeed Together: We’ll get to work bringing on new clients and helping our clients reach their goals because when they succeed, we do too.
More about First + Third
First + Third is an agency deeply committed to helping leaders understand and achieve business goals through thoughtful, well-executed, and expertly managed web design and development. With over 20 years of experience, we have had the privilege of working with organizations such as LeanIn.Org, Facebook, Billboard Music, Girls Who Code, Soylent, and The Hollywood Reporter to name a few. We are proud to be a WordPress VIP and Shopify Plus partner
At First + Third, it is our mission to outperform average agencies. We believe that when an agency only thinks about how to get a project done and not enough about the client’s goals, it becomes impossible for the project to be a success.
As an organization we are obsessed with helping our clients understand and achieve their objectives through thoughtful, well-executed web design and development.