We’re a fully remote web development agency that is looking to expand the organization to include an Associate Project Manager who thrives in organization, preparation, planning, mastering the details, and is excited to take on the coordination of projects across the organization, manage resources, and help to ensure projects get delivered on time. For this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and collaborate with an amazing team, while learning and thriving in a fast-paced web agency.
At First + Third, it is our mission to outperform average agencies. We believe that when an agency only thinks about how to get a project done and not enough about the client’s goals, it becomes impossible for the project to be a success.
As an organization we are obsessed with helping our clients understand and achieve their objectives through thoughtful, well-executed web design and development. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best solution for each individual client and work tirelessly until the desired results are achieved.
As a team, we invest ourselves fully in meeting our client’s goals as if they were our own because when they succeed, we do too.
Associate Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Sets up project file organization (including briefs, schedules, reference material, and specifications).
- Play an active role in the project process from concept to delivery (including an active part of the UAT and QA process).
- Works under tight deadlines and has the flexibility to accommodate change.
- Develop project timelines and ensure the team is tracking toward important milestones for timely completion of each project.
- Provide support to the team including scheduling meetings, internal check-ins, drafting and posting meeting notes, developing lists of action items and communicating assignments, deadlines, and needs to ensure the project is following the proposed schedule.
- Follow up with the team on a regular basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule, communicating any scheduling changes to the appropriate team members.
- Ensure client and internal teams are up to date on project status.
- Proactively communicate the status of deliverables with key external stakeholders by providing accurate details and dependencies.
- Able to lead smaller projects with minimal supervision and support the team on larger programs of work
- Assist with hiring and onboarding
- Running operational and logistical efforts
- Organize and coordinate staff functions and activities
- Be in charge of producing weekly and monthly company KPI reports
- 2 – 3 years project management experience managing budgets, timelines and people in an agency or related environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to take complete ownership of multiple projects and multi-task with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Organized, flexible with good follow-through and initiative is a must have.
- Familiarity with project management tools,
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with web development. Being a coder is not expected, but having a general knowledge of web development is helpful given the technical nature of our work.
The ideal candidate will possess these key characteristics:
- Reliable: Be able to manage time well, so that teammates can count on one another to do what they said they would do each day, communicating quickly if it is not going to be possible.
- Curious, Critical Thinker: Be able to ask thorough questions in order to understand the goals, objectives, and future implications of every project while also thinking critically about how each individual’s tasks relate to and affect the project as a whole.
- Relentless: Be relentless in the pursuit of the client’s goals, never failing to ask yourself if this is your best work and the best possible solution for the client.
- Nimble: Can shift easily between multiple projects, changing gears and managing several priorities at once.
- Sense of Ownership: Treats each project as their own and is invested in its success.
- Problem Solver: When presented with a problem or challenge, you take it upon yourself to find a solution.
- Accountable: As a part of a wholly remote team, you are a self starter that is able to stay on task and hold yourself accountable to meeting deadlines without being micromanaged.
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like it would be a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s how the process works:
- Send us an email: Introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself. Please include a resume and a summary of a recent project/product you managed and launched.
- We’ll Get Together: Virtually of course, we’ll set up a time to get to know each other, ask questions, and make sure we’re both a good fit for one another.
- Succeed Together: We’ll get to work helping our clients reach their goals because when they succeed, we do too.
More about First + Third
First + Third is an agency deeply committed to helping leaders understand and achieve business goals through thoughtful, well-executed, and expertly managed web design and development. With over 20 years of experience, we have had the privilege of working with organizations such as LeanIn.Org, Facebook, Billboard Music, Girls Who Code, Soylent, and The Hollywood Reporter to name a few. We are proud to be a WordPress VIP and Shopify Plus partner.