Ready to Make An Impact On The Web?
At Elegant Themes we embrace blogging as a unique meta-medium, which means our bloggers are not simply folks responsible for blog copy and some screenshots. Our Blog Authors are in charge of creating a multi-media production that includes blog copy, image assets, video assets, audio assets, etc. All of which come together into a final blog post and accompanying campaign of supporting micro-content (such as social media posts, emails, and paid ads). Our Blog Authors are responsible for creating all of this content in alignment with our overall content strategy, either personally or in collaboration with other team members.
- Creating blog posts and supporting micro-content collaboratively with the rest of our content team, in alignment with our internal style guides and requirements.
- Helping with other content team projects as they come up–such as sales, special content marketing initiatives, or something similar.
Required Experience / Traits
- A passion for the written word and clear communication skills.
- Ability to understand and adjust to editorial notes.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a small distributed team and startup atmosphere.
- A deep understanding of WordPress, the Divi WordPress Theme, and associated tools and services used by WordPress professionals.
- Ability and insight in scope/time balance when it comes to writing content.
- Ability to do thorough research on various topics related to WordPress/Divi/etc.
- Understanding of SEO best practices for content writing and how to apply them to the pieces you create.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, passion for your craft, and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to Advanced WordPress User.
- Deep knowledge of Divi.
- Proficient with Google Drive, Dropbox, Clickup, and Slack.
- Proficient knowledge of layout, typography, color theory, and imagery; specifically on the web.
- Intermediate to Advanced Creative Software User (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc).
- A talent for representing complex ideas in simple copy and/or visual aids.
- Audio/Video recording and editing experience.
- 3-5 years professional content creation experience.
- Coding experience.