Our best Senior Developers drive what we can do as an agency, and use their experience to lead teams in delivering technical excellence for our clients. You will be a key part of a Unit, working with customer-facing roles to design technical solutions, promoting best practices internally and externally, and helping to oversee the successful technical delivery of client projects.
As a senior WordPress developer here at Angry, you will likely have expertise across a number of engineering languages and frameworks, with a WordPress and WooCommerce focus. Like our technical team, you will likely have enjoyed exploring opportunities and technologies outside the standard WordPress stack – including React, PWAs, Elasticsearch, Lavarel, VueJS, Svelte, Task runners, CI/CD and advanced API integrations.
Typical activities include:
- Leading the development of WordPress and WooCommerce projects including but not limited to implementations of our product Qala
- Scoping and estimating projects and project tasks working closely with Client Success Managers and directly with clients
- Presenting work, ideas and proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team
- Problem-solving and testing proposed solutions with MVPs and prototypes
- Communicating and reporting on project development activity in team stand-ups, client meetings, daily written communications including but not limited to Slack
- Collaborating with commercial, design and development team members to create and deliver successful project outcomes according to Agile methodology
- Contributing to our internal products, and open-source projects
- Representing Angry Creative at industry events and conferences
We encourage an environment where communication reigns supreme! Angry Creative prides itself on being an open, diverse, collaborative place to work where everyone is encouraged to be their authentic selves. Your voice matters here!
What we look for in people
At Angry Creative, we highly value and encourage an open mind. As a remote-first company, it is imperative that we actively engage and communicate with one another. This allows us to create an environment where collaboration, communication and supporting each other fosters the growth of great ideas and innovative approaches to how we work.
We want you to be creative, see the big picture and be able to anticipate the impact of your contributions to the wider scope of a project. On a team level, we want you to question how things are done, to always look for ways to do things better and seek out effective solutions to problems.
We are a fast-paced agency where things change rapidly. We try our best to stay on the edge of WordPress development, we push the boundaries of what it can do and constantly look for ways to take the technology further and to new heights. Your ability to adapt and a genuine passion for innovative development will be key to your success.
We are looking for someone who is
- Naturally inquisitive, finds great satisfaction in finding solutions and has exceptionally strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone that loves learning and sharing knowledge with others and actively seeks out support from the wider team to help improve their skills
- You’ll understand what’s needed now and also have an eye on the future, and want to contribute to this
- We try to find specialisms for each person within our technical team, which combines their interests with the needs of the company. Such as a coding language or methodology, or coaching and mentoring.
- Senior Developers will often progress towards the Solution Architect role, which focuses on project planning and scoping and leading the technical implementation of projects.
- Flexible working: We take work-life balance seriously! Need special arrangements? No problem, just let us know and we will make it work.
- Remote working : We are a remote-first agency with a globally distributed team. Work from home, the beach, a cafe – it’s up to you!
- Home office allowance : We offer an allowance so that you can set up your home office and make it whatever you want.
- Hungry Creative Sessions : These talks are fun, inspiring, and educational, and can be on any topic! The company provides food and you get to listen to co-workers or external speakers during your lunch break.
- Annual company meetup : we try to get together in person at least once a year
- Learning and development : You are in control of your career progression. Working together with your manager to plan out what areas you’d like to grow in.
- Applications reviewed if successful will be asked to attend 30 minute initial video call with our Hiring Manager on Google Hangouts
- Successful candidates will be sent a technical challenge, logic test and personality questionnaire that may be completed online. The completion of all 3 takes about 4 – 8h in total
- Successful candidates will be asked to attend a 1 hour technical interview with a Solutions Architect
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide 2 references and offered the role if there are no outstanding questions
Angry Creative is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment. We value, support and celebrate differences in backgrounds and experiences, and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups in our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5 years of experience delivering WordPress projects (brochure sites, e-commerce, LMS, Multisites etc)
- At least 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced agency environment, working with multiple projects and clients with a strong understanding of the commercial goals of a web development agency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accurate project task estimations and delivery within project budgets
- Passion for WordPress development
- WooCommerce implementation, configuration, advanced troubleshooting and bug fixing
- HTML, PHP, CSS
- Gutenberg custom block development, advanced troubleshooting bug fixing
- API development, integration
- Professional proficiency and fluency in English verbal and written
- Location must be UTC +/- 2
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts and requirements into non-technical business-oriented language
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements ie. scoping client requirements, validating scope, organising technical project milestones etc
- Enterprise-scale development and deployment experience
- PWA development
- Digital marketing and analytics integrations (GA4, performance metrics and tools)
- Strong client-facing skills
- Bilingual professional proficiency and fluency in English and Swedish, or other European languages
- Expertise in WooCommerce development and troubleshooting skills including but not limited to payment gateways, headless integrations
- LMS development, deployment, troubleshooting and bug fixing
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- Development of internal products
- Education and personal growth
- Flexible hours
- Open Source contributions
- Remote Working
- Recruitment referral bonus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Angry culture
Since 2020, Angry Creative has been an international team, with people based throughout Europe and South Africa. We are relishing the opportunity to hire people from a wide range of locations, and believe that diversity is a force for amazingness. You will find a team of people passionate about collaboration and supporting each other, and an environment that puts as much emphasis on the team as it does on delivering work.