Be a part of something great
Location: Remote – Americas Team (Open to applicants located anywhere aligned with the Americas time zones.)
As a Senior Visual Designer at 10up, you’ll work collaboratively alongside our Content and UX Design teams, and will lead UI design – expanding your portfolio – on award-winning, enterprise-level digital experiences.
You’ll have the creative flexibility to explore and experiment across design tools and processes on a combination of unique, challenging projects and ongoing support engagements. As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits, to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Provide senior-level visual design execution across 2-4 projects at a time – including workshops, mood boards, defining design systems, and design direction.
- Have ownership of design expertise within client relationships – including responsibility to present design solutions and communicating design decisions and their rationale; anchoring design in the goals of the site.
- Work with project teams to define design plans and deliver on them for ideal project outcomes alongside the PM and Accounts team.
- Collaborate with user experience designers on wireframes, sitemaps, and page level interactions, as well as with front end engineers on interactive prototypes and production-ready web experiences.
- You have 3+ years experience with responsive enterprise-level web and mobile design; including a solid understanding of the web as a medium and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world.
- You can present a demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging, web design solutions, and an ability to define what makes them successful.
- You are experienced in creating unique designs from scratch, not just designing to a template. You know how to work within brand guidelines and can make suggestions to improve the digital brand along the way.
- You’ve designed for WordPress as a platform beyond typical “blog” use cases – such as migrating or building large-scale WordPress (or similar CMSs) websites using the block based “Gutenberg” editor.
- You have a collaborative, self-motivated, “always-learning” spirit, interested in identifying and solving the web’s design challenges one experience at a time.
- You love working within Figma, Miro and other remote collaboration design tools.
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs – including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with other opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $105,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don’t want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list!